I have always been intimidated by Liquid Liner. It leaves little to no room for error and can be a disaster rather quickly. I usually opt for a smudged out pencil liner or gel liner. They provide a little more play time and are just easier to use. Things for me have changed recently. I’ve been wanting solid budge proof liner and have been on the hunt for a great, easy to use liquid liner. Here are the few that have worked amazingly thus far.
1. FENTY BEAUTY FLY LINER $20
(Color: Cuz I’m Black)
I was pleasantly surprised by this liner. I use hate felt tip style liners because the dry out rather quickly. But not this one. This one glides on like a dream!!
This liner is super precise (hence the name), obsidian black, and matte. It glides effortlessly even if you have a not so steady hand. I got this on a whim and am so happy I did.
3. YSL COUTURE LIQUID EYELINER $34
This is an OG for me. This, at one time, was the only liquid Liner I could manage to get right. The flexible brush made it easy to maneuver. It delivered the smoothest application. I usually applied it over my gel liners for a more smooth finish. It still remains in my liner wardrobe today.
- Small and steady strokes are easier to do than a steady line.
- Start in the middle of your lash line or at your wing. Never start at the inner corner
- Start thin and then build your line thicker if needed.
- If all else fails, outline with pencil then go over it with liquid.
- Practice makes perfect. Try different liner techniques to see which works best for you.
If you have a liquid liner that you absolutely love, drop the deets!! Leave it in the comments.